ubique

No staking activity

ubique    0

Curious to see if this is normal   - have had my Nav Pi running for nearly a month now, with a little over 1100 coins sitting on it. Have had absolutely no staking activity, the estimate bounces around 5 to 6 days, dropped to a few hours one day, but then bounced back to 6 days without so much as a nod and a wink. Version is current, is unlocked, connected to 8 peers, but no action at all. Does this sound right? 

Just don't want to bumble along thinking everything is as it should, and find that my wee Pi isn't pulling its weight!  (and I'm holding off on getting more Nav in the mean time as wanted to see how things go)

Cheers in advance

Basbas    0

I also have this problem. The Nav Pi is running for weeks. It is apparantly staking, but zero interest.

Why on earth should I keep the Navpi on?  It does not give any interest for at least a month.

bocyaj    9

Hi @Basbas and @ubique ,

Staking by nature is very random and thus your reward payouts will seem to come sparingly.

On average 10,000 coins stake once a day.... but this is an average over time.  It is common/typical, that you could go 5x (even more in some cases) over the estimated time before seeing a reward.

It is not required to keep your NavPi on the whole time, but with the small amount of power it uses, I don't see a reason to power it off.  Alternatively, you could power it on for a couple days every week/month/etc....

Regardless how it takes your wallet to stake a block, you will always recieve 5%.  If you go a lot longer before your wallet stakes a block, the reward will higher.  

I would also like to mention that keeping your wallet online helps further secure the Nav Coin network as it increases the decentralization of the network.  This doesn't directly benefit you, but it certainly helps out, the choice is yours.

Have you guys read through the staking guide ?  It should give you a much better understanding of how staking works.

https://medium.com/@bocyaj2012/nav-coin-proof-of-stake-informational-guide-71c9c3417212

Thanks,

Bocyaj.

ubique    0

Hi Bocyaj

Thanks for your reply.  I've without a doubt read your writeup, and much more on POS / Navcoin etc, but what I'm trying to ascertain is at what point we unplug our Pi's and use them for something else. Ie, do I get to two months of no staking, and assume that my 1100 tokens aren't enough?  (or that something wasn't configured correctly and I've been waiting for the impossible) I'm all for helping the community of Navcoin, and I really believe in what Navcoin's about, but when I compare this to the active returns I'm getting from my Neo for example, I begin to wonder.

Basbas    0

I have ethernet cable and wireless on the Rasperry pi. I can only communicate through the ethernet cable, and not by the wireless address anymore. Is the Navpi program communicating by the network cable?

And the program shows 8 peers (connection count is 8). Should that be more?

Should i try to switch off the wireless connection, because that does not seem to work well? So that only the ethernet cable connection will be used?