Sign in to follow this  
nex230

"Error: Your wallet server is not running." after restoring of wallet.dat

nex230    0

I set up a new navpi-box and restored an preexisting, encrypted wallet.dat right at the start - all just like in the guide on github. When i try to log in i get "Error: Your wallet server is not running." I already tried all the advice on this forum as well as making an fresh install which gave me the same result. Don't know what to do anymore, any help is very much appreciated.

nex230    0

The wallet.dat I tried to restore was the one the stakebox created itself on setup - i wanted to test out if the backup procedure is working before moving any coins to the box. May have been a good idea, because obviously it doesnt work.

edit: I used Version v1.0.4 of navpi, downloaded via torrent from the official site

Edited by nex230
add

nex230    0

Additional detail: When i click on backup wallet it displays " Error: Something went wrong... Did you enter a location that does not exist, or is unreachable? " so it seems as if the wallet.dat cant be accessed. I just dont get why.

bocyaj    7

Hi nex230,

it could be an ownership or permission problem on the wallet.dat file.  Check the instructions found on navtechservers, shown below:

image.png.0820871f684a3d0b3ac2ecdb88fe20bd.png

Keep in mind, there is a new mandatory wallet that was released last night ( version 4.1.0), please update to the new version first.  This new version will require a full resync of the blockchain which could take some time.  The upgrade to 4.1.0 is slightly different for the NavPi, so please take a read through the latest announcement. 

https://navcoin.org/news/community-fund-testnet-security-updates/

If you run into any issues, just let us know and we will help you through it.

Thanks,

Bocyaj.