xVicious

Error in Electrum Wallet

xVicious    0

Hi guys
I've created a paper wallet and sent it some NAVs.
Then I imported the key (funnily it was the public key I had to import) into the Electrum wallet.
Now I've tried to send some of the coins to some other address but receive following error message:

https://imgur.com/a/uarfD

Why is that and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance

bocyaj    7

Hi xVicious,

Believe I started helping you out on the Discord channel, but wanted to pass the information along here in case others find it helpful.

The paper wallet generates a private key which is what gives you access to the funds sent to the paper wallet's public address.  The electrum wallet uses a seed phrase in lieu of the private key.  Neither of these options would give  you access by simply providing the public key.... if this was the case, all coins would be free for all.

I am going to assume you uncovered a bug in electrum, the error you got is most likely just saying that you don't actually have any funds to send out.  We are all anxiously awaiting the NAvPay release which will completely replace this Electrum version.

To fix this scenario, you will need to download and install the latest Core version of the wallet and then import your paper wallet's private key. File -> import private key.

Thanks,

Bocyaj.

RAWNAK    0

Hello.. Does anyone have Electrum NAV wallet windows .exe file, my keys are safe with me.. but my system crashed and hence lost the .exe file, now i cannot find the .exe file anywhere on the internet, please provie a link to that file by uploading it somewhere, I need to move my funds from that wallet to coinomi wallet. please.

iman    0
On 11/20/2017 at 7:51 PM, bocyaj said:

Hi xVicious,

Believe I started helping you out on the Discord channel, but wanted to pass the information along here in case others find it helpful.

The paper wallet generates a private key which is what gives you access to the funds sent to the paper wallet's public address.  The electrum wallet uses a seed phrase in lieu of the private key.  Neither of these options would give  you access by simply providing the public key.... if this was the case, all coins would be free for all.

I am going to assume you uncovered a bug in electrum, the error you got is most likely just saying that you don't actually have any funds to send out.  We are all anxiously awaiting the NAvPay release which will completely replace this Electrum version.

To fix this scenario, you will need to download and install the latest Core version of the wallet and then import your paper wallet's private key. File -> import private key.

Thanks,

Bocyaj.

hi

plz help us.we cant send our funds anywhere. we cant move our funds even with privet key.i tried coinomi wallet  at first everything was ok but after refreshing i saw there is no funds

maxd    0
I have the same problem. After sweep the wallet from electrum privatekey, I have no funds on my coinomi wallet after refreshing. Hash is unknown, height "0", time 1899-12-30 etc..funds on my electrum adress are still. Are the funds safe?