Sign in to follow this  
Nnaemeka Nwosu

i CAN NOT RUN nAVCORE ANYMORE AFTER TRANSFERING COINS TO MY WALET

I downloaded the 32 bit version of your wallet yesterday for the first time. It took a few hours to sync and update the stacking. The first thing I did was I encrypted it and backed up my wallet on 3 different locations. Then from Litebit I bought 20 euros worth of Nav coin which I withdrew this morning and transfered to my wallet. I went smoothly. In less that 15 minutes I was able to do two seperate withdrawals (split them in two to be cautious). Everything went well and I had two pass marks in the transaction page (Indicating it had completed. Also in the overview page, nothing was pending. I then exited through File-exit. I did not back up the walet again. However, whenever I try to open the walet it tells me there is an internal problem preventing the wallet from opening and then it crashes. I have a windows system computer.  I am so relieved I did not buy the original large amout I had planned to.

How can I get my coins back. How do I fix this mess. Thanks 

bocyaj    5

Hi Nnaemeka,

Rest assured, from what you describe your coins are safe.  It is just an issue with your wallet.

Ensure you have a backup of your wallet.dat, then proceed with the following:

1) stop the Nav Coin wallet.

2) un-install the Nav Coin wallet.

3) Install the Nav Coin client and let it start up.

I typically don't suggest this approach first, but it has helped others with similar problems recently, so lets give it a try.  

Let me know how this turns out for you and we will go from there.

NOTE: As long as you have your wallet.dat secure, your coins are safe.

Thanks,

Bocyaj.

Okay, I will try it. I must also mention I fail to see Navcoin on my control Panels 'program' option. Is this normal, could it be the reason. I have an electrum walet for another coin and it is on the control panel/program list.

Just tried what you suggested and chose the option to upload an old wallet; is this correct? It is stacking as if I had jus recently downloaded it. 1 year 26 weeks behind. Thanks again for your help.

Edited by Nnaemeka Nwosu

bocyaj    5

ok, seems there must have been something the wallet didn't like about your local copy of the blockchain... it shouldn't have needed to re-download the whole chain. Anyways, that means it should be all good once the sync is completed ( should take a few hours).  uploading the old wallet is fine and saves you the step of restoring it afterwards.

bocyaj    5

Are you referring to the "program files" directory, if so, it should be there. It might also be in a program files(x86)" directory. If you have a 64bit system, when you install a 32bit application it will go into the one with (x86).

I have a 32 bit system. The program and features section under control panel when you click on start.

I have the problem recuring again even after doing what you suggested. I closed it and it happened again. The Nav core icon everytime I click it, it gives me the option to run it. When I click it, it then fails to launch my wallet. Every time I transfer money to the wallet aftere clicking file-exit, i cant seem to open it anymore. (Same problem as yesterday. Could it be I have not fully installed it becuase it keeps prompting me to run when I click the Navcoin option.

Thanks for your help, i am new to this.

Edited by Nnaemeka Nwosu