Sign in to follow this  
Fiddler

Where did my coins go?

Fiddler    0

Hi

I've seen similar posts on here, but decided to start a new one in the hope that someone will see it.

I downloaded the Nav wallet. Then sent my coins from Bittrex, to the receiving address. I was also syncing at the time. While waiting for them to arrive I encrypted my wallet. Then I noticed that the receiving address had changed! 

Because I wasn't synced I decided to wait, but now I am synced, and there are still no coins and no transactions either. My coins have definitely left Bittrex. Where have they gone or how can I track them/get them back??

Please help

Fiddler    0

So, zero replies, even though this seems to have happened to a few people on here. Has anyone had a similar experience and solved it? Are there any devs on here?

The initial address I sent my coins to, before it was changed, was Nd1fuVdi5qsoB9XL16YUKzkEUZqrPMrAiB, and on the NavCoin blockchain explorer, it shows these coins as having been received! 

So where the hell are the coins???

Not a very good first experience with this wallet or coin.

Any help? 

mph    0

Hi,

I have same problem, I have send coins from Bittrex while syncing and coins have not arrived ever since?

Request some advise?

Regards

Nab    0

Hi,

I have this problem before(two weeks ago) , i transfer from polonier to the NAV wallet ,it took more than 48hours to reach , i have send it back to Polonier Exchange yesterday(13th Sept 2017) but until today 14th Sept i still not yet receive it, i think it might take more than 48 hrs in order to reach to Polonier , will update once i receive .

Fiddler    0

My coins never even arrived in my Nav wallet, as the first address I sent them to, had changed after encrypting. This was more than 48 hours ago and still nothing. 

Does anyone know if any of the devs are active here, or how to contact them. The coins can easily be followed on the blockchain, so does this mean they are gone for ever??

Kubator92    0

Hello,

I have same problem. I sent my NAV coin from Bittrex to my personal wallet while sinchronizing and they still didnt appear yet..

Do you know how long can it takes? Should I be worried?

Of course I copied the address so I know I didnt make any mistake.

Did you get any answer or do you know who should I contact?

thanks

I have installed my wallet version 2.0.3.9.0 in 23 march 2017

First of all synchronization with network takes one day and it was finished 24 march 2017

I have made wallet backup in in *.dat file

Than I put there around 30k coins.

Staking started automatically.

I have made once again backup of my wallet.

All the time computer with this wallet was turned on and connected to the internet and was all the time staking, some extra coins appears in this wallet.

I had to move all of those coins to2 different bittrex wallets and 4 transfers.

I've checked the confirmation and everything was ok in it. Unfortunatelly none of those transfers were delivered in those 2 wallets but coins disappeared from my navcoin wallet on my computer.

I tried contact to you many times but I received no response.

So I turned off my computer with my navcoin wallet installed on it and I tried find solution on navcoin forums. And I find one.

A few days ago I have installed new wallet version 4.0.4

I wait for synchronization and when it was complete I was very shocked of what I saw. My transaction was cancelled (there was X sign in the left), but there was successful transfer to account that wasn't mine - all of my coins were missing, AND IT WAS SEND IN JULY WHEN MY COMPUTER WAS TURNED OFF.

Address where my coins were transferred: Ng26K75bdm382mN5G8ynkMv93kZew6jsHs

Chana    1
11 hours ago, marcin.zakrzewski.btc said:
I have installed my wallet version 2.0.3.9.0 in 23 march 2017

First of all synchronization with network takes one day and it was finished 24 march 2017

I have made wallet backup in in *.dat file

Than I put there around 30k coins.

Staking started automatically.

I have made once again backup of my wallet.

All the time computer with this wallet was turned on and connected to the internet and was all the time staking, some extra coins appears in this wallet.

I had to move all of those coins to2 different bittrex wallets and 4 transfers.

I've checked the confirmation and everything was ok in it. Unfortunatelly none of those transfers were delivered in those 2 wallets but coins disappeared from my navcoin wallet on my computer.

I tried contact to you many times but I received no response.

So I turned off my computer with my navcoin wallet installed on it and I tried find solution on navcoin forums. And I find one.

A few days ago I have installed new wallet version 4.0.4

I wait for synchronization and when it was complete I was very shocked of what I saw. My transaction was cancelled (there was X sign in the left), but there was successful transfer to account that wasn't mine - all of my coins were missing, AND IT WAS SEND IN JULY WHEN MY COMPUTER WAS TURNED OFF.

Address where my coins were transferred: Ng26K75bdm382mN5G8ynkMv93kZew6jsHs

I replied in the other thread regarding this :)

Fiddler    0
On 9/18/2017 at 9:19 AM, phillip.J Fry said:

Bittrex login -> Wallets -> WITHDRAWAL HISTORY -> 'Click' 

Address : ??   /   TxId : ??

Hi, I gave the address previously but here it is again along with the Txld

Address: Nd1fuVdi5qsoB9XL16YUKzkEUZqrPMrAiB

TxId: b635b2c33f7fdf0549f77b194621032c7d10d97ccd6e004228cc0279f6274f8d

It shows up as completed, but like I said, this address is now different to the one's generated in the encrypted wallet.

Are these coins lost?? 

bocyaj    5

Hi Fiddler,

Looking at that transaction, it was successful and there is currently about 426.5 NAV sitting in address Nd1fuVdi5qsoB9XL16YUKzkEUZqrPMrAiB.

On the 'RECEIVE' tab of your wallet, the address and bar code displayed is the most recently generated address that your wallet created, it seems the process of encrypting your wallet has generated a new address, nothing to worry about there.  Your wallet has many addresses in it, if you click the 'LIST OLD ADDRESSES' button in this tab, it will show you all the addresses currently associated with your wallet.dat file.  I suspect this is where you will find the address you listed. 

A) If the address is in this list, this is just a matter of your wallet not displaying the balance properly.  Perform a repair wallet ( File -> Repair wallet).  You will have to re-launch the wallet after this.

If the address is not in the list, you may as well try a repair wallet......  but seems something has happened, check for different copies or other backups of your wallet.dat.

sending coins to your wallet while its syncing is not suggested, but should be completely fine.

Let me know how it turns out and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Bocyaj

For future reference, this is the process you should follow when starting with a new wallet (goes for any crypto wallet, not just NAV).

1) install and start wallet.  Let it fully sync.

2) encrypt your wallet.  NOTE: it's still empty here.

3) restart and unlock your wallet.  this is to test your passphrase and ensure you didn't make a typo when encrypting your wallet.

4) send coins to your wallet.   For an extra layer of sureness, send a test small amount of coins first.

5) take a backup and store it in multiple locations.

Fiddler    0
On 9/9/2017 at 8:28 PM, Fiddler said:

Hi

I've seen similar posts on here, but decided to start a new one in the hope that someone will see it.

I downloaded the Nav wallet. Then sent my coins from Bittrex, to the receiving address. I was also syncing at the time. While waiting for them to arrive I encrypted my wallet. Then I noticed that the receiving address had changed! 

Because I wasn't synced I decided to wait, but now I am synced, and there are still no coins and no transactions either. My coins have definitely left Bittrex. Where have they gone or how can I track them/get them back??

Please help

Hi bocyaj

Thanks for your reply and help. 

First off, I had aleready checked the 'List old address' tab, and that particular address was not there. I also repaired wallet, twice I think, and nothing.

So,  just now, I made sure I had my wallet.dat backed up, copied the whole NavCoin4 folder jus to be sure, uninstalled the wallet, and installed the latest version again. When it started up, after choosing the import private key option, I checked the receive tab and the address was the right one, the same one I had sent too. Excitedly, I copied my wallet.dat folder back in, along with the blockchain, and everything went back to how it was! No coins, different address'.  I tried uninstalling again, again I got the right address, so I just tried to copy over the blockcahain (which I assumed was the 'chainstate' folder), but on startup I got an error...  So, I tried again, uninstalled, reinstalled, chose import from private key, and this time of course the address was different!!! 

Everything I've tried has returned me to the same place.... no coins showing up....

Any ideas on what I can try?? 

(Thanks for the wallet installation checklist btw... def something I'll be following that from now on) 

bocyaj    5
22 minutes ago, Fiddler said:

Hi bocyaj

Thanks for your reply and help. 

First off, I had aleready checked the 'List old address' tab, and that particular address was not there. I also repaired wallet, twice I think, and nothing.

So,  just now, I made sure I had my wallet.dat backed up, copied the whole NavCoin4 folder jus to be sure, uninstalled the wallet, and installed the latest version again. When it started up, after choosing the import private key option, I checked the receive tab and the address was the right one, the same one I had sent too. Excitedly, I copied my wallet.dat folder back in, along with the blockchain, and everything went back to how it was! No coins, different address'.  I tried uninstalling again, again I got the right address, so I just tried to copy over the blockcahain (which I assumed was the 'chainstate' folder), but on startup I got an error...  So, I tried again, uninstalled, reinstalled, chose import from private key, and this time of course the address was different!!! 

Everything I've tried has returned me to the same place.... no coins showing up....

Any ideas on what I can try?? 

(Thanks for the wallet installation checklist btw... def something I'll be following that from now on) 

my pleasure, sounds like we have some light at the end of the tunnel.  You mentioned that you saw the address in question, but then copied your wallet.dat back in.  It seems like you have two different wallets, one with the address and one without.  To be safe, dont delete either of these until we have regained control of your coins.  I would mark the one with the address as 'probably good' and the other one 'probably bad'.  Now lets do this the longer, but surefire way of getting back in line.

1)make sure you have a copy of both these wallets before continuing (double verify if needed) and store both copies somewhere safe in case something goes wrong.

2)Delete the entire Navcoin4 directory from your data folder.

3) get the latest version of the wallet (4.0.6 just came out today), then install and start it.  ***This is so the data folder and files get regenerated.

4) shortly after it starts up, you can close the wallet. 

5) looking in your navcoin4 directory, you will see a new wallet.dat was created.  you can delete this one as it has no value and no coins in it.

6) Now copy your 'probably good' wallet into the Navcoin4 directory and then start your wallet up again.

7) now your wallet will sync up with the network, now is a good time to confirm that you see this address in the receive tab.

NOTE: if you see the address in the wallet, leave the wallet.dat where it is as it is the right one you are looking for.

Once your wallet syncs up you should have access to these coins.

It is not necessary, but you can speed up the syncing process by downloading the blockchain bootstrap and extracting it in your navcoin4 folder just before starting the wallet in step 6.

you can download the bootstrap here: https://www.navcoin.org/files/navcoin-4.0.4/navcoin-4.0.4-blockchain.zip

Let me know how it turns out.  To be honest, I was getting worried for you last night, but am now optimistic since you seem to have a wallet with the proper address in it.\

Good luck,

Bocyaj.

Fiddler    0

Bocyaj

I'm not so sure of that light! 

So, of course I never saved the .dat file of the wallet that I installed that had the address I need. Typical. I saw it, and immediately tried to copy the previous files over it! Very stupid

I've tried installing again, but it's always a different address now. I've tried putting back the first backup, with the old address' (after it changed the first time), uninstalling, reinstalling....nothing..  it just gives me a new address each time now... an i've no idea why.. Help is definitely required

bocyaj    5

:-( that is not good news.

Each time you either install or start the wallet (when there is no wallet.dat in the navcoin4 directory), the Nav Coin client will create a brand new wallet.dat for you, this is why you keep seeing the address change each time.  To move forward, we need to locate the wallet.dat that had that address in it.  Without this wallet, unfortunately there is nothing we can do.

So lets focus on locating that wallet, try to find all versions of wallets you have and put them somewhere on your PC, check recycling bin and anywhere you can think of.  I typically put different versions of my wallet.dat inside a directory with a name that gives it meaning to help identify them among each other.  Once you have all the wallet.dat versions you can find on your PC, lets try them one at a time hoping to find the right one.  Follow this process to quickly test each wallet.dat:

1) close the Nav Coin wallet

2) place a wallet.dat version into the data folder, overwriting the existing one.  (try not to delete anymore wallet.dat files unless you are certain it doesn't contain your address)

3) start the Nav Coin wallet.

4) confirm if the address exists in this wallet.dat by looking at the RECEIVE tab.

*** repeat the 4 steps above with each of the wallet.dat versions you have.

Just to clear things up, your wallet.dat is essentially a simple file that contains the private key (which gives you ownership/control of an address) of ALL the addresses in your Nav Coin client.  There can be thousands and thousands of addresses in each wallet.dat.  By default, a new/fresh wallet.dat has 100 addresses in it by default.

If you still cant find the wallet.dat with your address in it, the only option would be to start looking into software to locate deleted occurrences of the wallet.dat from your PC.  I will have to do some research here to figure out what would work best, but either way, this is not an easy nor quick approach.

good luck.

bocyaj.

Fiddler    0

Ok Bocyaj

I'm going to have to get on this tomorrow and see what I can do. My gut feeling says I don't have the right .Dat file, but I'll search everywhere I can and get back to you.'

Thanks again for your help

bocyaj    5

no problems, glad to help.  no rush, take your time.

sorry for the help taking so long to come to you.  I am now available to keep a closer eye on posts on the forum, so expect qiucker responses going forward.

I took a quick look for recovery options in case they are needed:

if you have Windows 10(might work on older releases),

1)navigate to your wallet.dat file

2) right click it and select properties,

3) cross your fingers (very important step)

4) then hit the "previous versions" tab

5) if you are lucky, you will have a list of older versions here.

Also found some other options which should have better luck, although I haven't gone through them much, so be diligent and let me know if you have questions/issues.

https://www.wikihow.com/Recover-Overwritten-Files

https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/recover-overwritten-files.html

Fiddler    0

Hehe.. so much for crossing fingers... quickly tried the previous versions but 'none available'. Tomorrow after work, I'll scour my pc and backups for that dat file as you suggested, then I guess I'll have to check out your links and cross my fingers again.

I'll get back to you anyhow